WHAT IS ESSENTRICS?
ESSENTRICS® is a dynamic, full body workout that simultaneously combines stretching and strengthening to rebalance all the muscles and joints. Through standing and floor work, each class will increase flexibility and mobility for a healthy, toned and pain free body. Whether you are a top athlete or just getting started, ESSENTRICS offers something for everyone and can help anyone reach a new level of fitness.
In 1997, Miranda Esmonde-White developed her own fitness technique ESSENTRICS and began helping people of all ages and fitness levels rebalance their bodies and keep their joints healthy and pain free. Her award-winning PBS/Public Television documentaries and Aging Backwards books are revolutionizing the way we understand the role of cells, muscles, bones, connective tissue, and joints; and how they play a role in slowing down the aging process.
BENEFITS OF AN ESSENTRICS WORKOUT
• Reshapes the body
• Improves posture
• Builds long, lean, toned muscles
• Defines and strengthens arms
• Slenderizes thighs and quads
• Lifts the butt
• Flattens the abs
• Firms and tightens every muscle in the body
• Loosens tight fascia and connective tissue
• Improves balance and mobility
• Relieves aches and pains
• Increases strength and flexibility
• Unlocks tight muscles and joints
• Strengthens spine and core
• Prevents and treats back pain
• Improves endurance
• Strengthens neurological connections to the brain
• Increases bone density helping with osteoporosis